Pages

lunedì 18 maggio 2015

Stripes... and a couple of stars - Righe... e un paio di stelle

Tonight I was thinking about the curtains in my living room-cum-dining room open space...

As my walls are taupe and I want to use light blue as accent colour, I think I'll stick to sand or off-white for the curtains. I want the room to hug you and relax you and make you think of the sea breeze... A kind of urban retreat with a coastal feel.

I also thought about stripes, as they give out an instantly beachy vibe.
At first I though about striped curtains, but then about a big white and light blue striped rug or striped cushions on the sofa...
And a striped tablecloth to tie the theme in...
And maybe hanging a star or two at the windows, as they do in Sweden.

I want to give the room a beachy, relaxing feel with a touch of nordic Scandi coolness.
The furniture will be mainly white and ivory and the charcoal sofa will ground it, preventing it from floating away ;-)

Image source: http://abeachcottage.com/2012/04/coastal-blue-bedroom-diy-beach-cottage-style.html

Image source: http://abeachcottage.com/2012/01/how-to-get-the-best-vintage-coastal-style-top-tip-for-great-nautical-beach-decor.html

Image via Pinterest

Image via Pinterest

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento