Pages

sabato 6 giugno 2015

Vertical and horizontal lines in my living room

I am trying to understand if I would like to put an Ikea Liatorp bookcase at the side of my sectional sofa.
And I am also trying to figure out an original layout for a wall unit in the 27cm deep (ehm... shallow) niche in front of the sofa.

I am trying to learn more about horizontal (the sofa) and vertical (the bookcase) lines and I have come across this website
Lines in design – Interior designers talk composition with lines

It's interesting and it also talks about pattern: apparently a big scale pattern is less busy and makes the room appear bigger.
A high mirror makes the room appear taller but it is good to keep the rest of the furniture quite low if this is the aim.
Horizontal lines (hear hear ;-)) make a room appear wider.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento