Pages

giovedì 21 maggio 2015

Do light fixtures in an open space need to match?

I need to find a light for my kitchen that looks good with the shabby-esque rustic chandelier over the dining table...

This is my kitchen:
 
 
This is my dining area:
 
 
And this is the chandelier of the dining area, so the kitchen lamp can't be too eye catching...
 


I saw these lamps on the Maisons du Monde website that are really cool:








 
  
This website says you should't go matchy-matchy with light fixtures in an open space, but rather match them  through colour or style.
 
It also says combining square and round (as long as the colour and style are similar I guess) is quite cool.
 
 
Maybe this is the best choice then..., same colour and a bit rustic like the chandelier below (more industrial than shabby but I quite like the style):
 
 
 
+
 
 
 
 
But I am not convinced the shapes look good together... Maybe the first one should be more square to give more contrast or rounder to be more similar?

Maybe this simple Ikea lamp would look better. It has a nice milky colour and is similar in shape to the kitchen hood...


  Or this (Ranerp by Ikea) which has some brass but looks more sophisticated. Mixing brass and chrome could be fun...




 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento